It’s a new month and as a promise to myself I’ve decided to get back into my blog its been a minute I KNOW! The last two weeks have been HETIC in the Tdot and I thought it was necessary to start off this month paying homage to the place that I call home.
As most of you may know and even if you don’t the First week of August is normally the biggest party weekend in Toronto . Why?! Because of a little thing Called Caribanna . Basically it’s a Carnival where people from the Caribbean celebrate their culture. During this weekend there are a series of events and a parade that attracts over a million people. People from around the world come to be a part of the celebration.
The weekend breakdown
The Friday: Yonge st, locals and out of towners staying in hotels walk/or drive up and down the Yonge st strip meeting each other in hopes of making friends for the weekend or at least have a one night stand. LOL im soo serious, that’s pretty much what its about.
The Saturday: The day of the parade millions of people parade up lakeshore in costume dancing to dancehall or soca, also the 2nd night of Yonge st
The Sunday: There are a lot of parties that go down such as the BET Hot 97 party. Think year I was lucky enough
to hit up a Celebrity Ball with special guest Trey Song, Fabolous, Elephant Man, Micheal Ealy, Dj Envy and Laz Alonso (theres a pic of the inside of the club)
The Monday: recovery day…
.then PARTY again!
0 comments:
Post a Comment